Proyectos I+D Europeos - Año 2012
Inter Disciplinary Education Agenda - An essential driver for innovation (IDEA)
Periodo de ejecución: 15/10/2012 - 15/02/2016
Tipo: Cooperación académica/educativa
Importe: 42.511,99 €
Entidad financiadora: Comisión de las Comunidades europeas
Investigador principal: Poler Escoto, Raúl
Participantes: Gómez-Gasquet, Pedro; Poler R.; Vicens Salort, Eduardo; Cuenca, L.; Boza Garcia, Andres; Sanchis Gisbert, Raquel; Andres, B.; Songel González, Gabriel; Alfaro Saiz, Juan José; Asensio Cuesta, Sabina; Verdecho Sáez, María José
Shenkar College of Engineering and Design (Coordinador); Holon Institute of Technology; Tel Aviv University; Sapir Academic College; The NB School of Design; Manufacturers Association of Israel; University of Brighton; Politechnico Di Milano; Universitat Politècnica de València; Mälardalen University; Cologne University of Applied Sciences; Material ConneXion
The project aims to improve the exploitation of a new knowledge integration in the interdisciplinary area of Engineering, Design and Business at higher education institutes from an industrial perspective - improving innovation as well as academy industry relations.
Global competition leads to a considerable shift in the distribution of the world economic power and the need for innovation as a vital driver for sustainable growth is now evident.
In recent years companies realise that the interconnection between the pioneering creativity of designers and engineers complemented by innovative business models has the capacity to set their next competitive advantage.
The strong research-led culture of the academic environment must be attentive to the needs of industry and markets and must promote new knowledge synergies.
In this context, the IDEA project (InterDisciplinary Education Agenda, an essential driver for innovation) finds its roots.
- To effectively bridge the gaps within the knowledge triangle and support current efforts of industry to cope with global economic challenges.
- To strengthen academy-industry collaboration in the domain of innovation and to emphasise the role of HEIs in the knowledge triangle.
- To stimulate innovative integration and knowledge synergies of engineering, design and business disciplines within a wide range of projects and industries.
- To improve student employability and strengthen the capacity of HEIs in meeting labour market demands for innovation.
- To Modernise the multi-disciplinary Innovation Culture in Israeli HEIs through new synergies among the disciplines of engineering, design and business involving industry.
- To establish a common framework for educators and students from different disciplines that will equip them with the methods, skills and attributes needed to work in interdisciplinary environments.
- To establish institutional operational mechanism to enhance the knowledge triangle performance and academy/industry collaboration.